Nominations for Awards!
Tuesday, July 16, 2019
It is that time of year when we recognize individuals, practices, and project(s) that showcase Innovation, Coordination, and Service in furthering the Emergency Management profession and the principles of hazard mitigation, preparedness, response, and recovery.
Oregon Emergency Management Association (OEMA) is proud to award deserving individuals or groups awards that demonstrate the hard work and dedication emergency managers and our partners put forth to better our state.
This is your opportunity, as an OEMA member in good standing, to nominate a deserving individual or group for an award. The award categories this year are:
Innovation, Collaboration and Service Award
Recognition of those who have made an outstanding contribution in the creation or promotion of a new service or program, collaborated for team improvement or provided exemplary service to the field of emergency management. For example, this may include, but may not necessarily be limited to:
- Achieving excellence in the development and delivery of emergency management programs aimed at promoting preparedness and resiliency.
- Consistently exceeding standards for the delivery and/or development of emergency management training programs.
- Collaborating regionally or state-wide on an initiative that may provide significant guidance to emergency management programs, policies, or practices.
- Developing a practical model to identify and overcome barriers and improve interoperability in the emergency management profession.
The nomination must highlight the special or exceptional quality of training or initiative which makes the nominee a candidate for the award.
- Any OEMA member, supervisor, or elected official may nominate an OEMA member, team or organization from public, private, nonprofit or combination thereof.
- Award may be granted as a Member Award or a Partner Award
- Selection is done by the OEMA eBoard.
Emergency Management Volunteer of the Year
A volunteer that has been active in emergency management over the past year and has done a significant job on projects or events that made a difference to local, county or state programs.
- Nominated by the OEMA membership and selected by the OEMA eBoard.
Emergency Manager Professional of the Year
Open to public or private sector emergency managers, at any level, that have been active in the State of Oregon in the past year and have done a significant job on projects, events or incidents that positively impacted the field of emergency management.
- Nominated by the OEMA membership and selected by the OEM Director and the OEMA President
I encourage you to submit nominations using the appropriate form attached to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com . Nominations must be received no later than August 07, 2019.
The timeline is established to give us enough time to thoroughly review the nominations, select the worthiest candidates and get the information to the award shop to be engraved for presenting at the conference.
The OEMA executive board will review all submissions and make their determination. Awards will be presented at the annual OEMA Award Banquet in October.
Thank you for taking the time to recognize our partners in the effort to make Oregon more resilient!
Oregon Emergency Management Association Executive Board